In celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the Writers Retreat, Michigan Writers and the Interlochen College of Creative Arts are pleased to announce 1 full-tuition scholarship to the 2015 Retreat! Submissions for this scholarship contest will be accepted until midnight on Friday, March 27, 2015.
- This scholarship is open to Michigan Writers members who are attending the retreat for the first time.
- Submissions must be attached as .doc, .docx or PDF files.
- All submissions must be anonymous. The author’s name may not appear anywhere on the submitted documents. If the author is submitting content that refers to his/her own name (such as a memoir that names the author), the author should change his/her name in the submission for the purposes of this contest.
- For poets: Submit up to 4 poems, or no more than 4 pages (single spaced).
- For fiction and memoir: Submit up to 10 pages (double-spaced). Excerpts from longer works are perfectly acceptable.
- Email your submission to Daniel Stewart ([email protected]), and include the following information in the body of your email:
- Your name
- Title of the submission
- Genre of the submission (poetry, memoir or fiction)
- (Daniel will convey your anonymous submissions to the contest judge.)
The contest winner will be announced by April 15, 2015. If you have already registered for the retreat, any fees you have paid will be refunded to you.
For more information about the Interlochen Writers Retreat, see college.interlochen.org/writersretreat.